Saturday, February 24, 2007

Nothing new

Well, this week has been uneventful (at least for us here in Fort Smith). We have been taking it easy and now Kelly is doing some training for work (all the pilots are - it is one of their annual training sessions).

I got confirmation yesterday that I will be going back up to Yellowknife on March 21-23, 2007 for union negotiations. Hopefully we will be able to get this finished so that we can start on the contract that is coming up (starting April 1, 2007). This batch of negotiations seem to be taking a long time to get completed. Maybe this is the way it usually works, but it has not been this way since I started at Trailcross.

I am going up to Yellowknife on Monday for a girls day with Liz. She actually has a reason for going, but I am just tagging along to get out of town. Hopefully this will still happen - it is really going to depend on the numbers. Apparently they are starting to be very high, which is not good news for me.

As far as baby news goes, I do not have a lot to report as on the outside nothing seems to be changing a whole lot. The baby is now the size of a sweet juicy peach (I love how the books actually describe the size of the baby - it is always about food) and the eyes are now moving from the side of the head towards the middle (where they will stay). My stomach is still measuring the same size, however I have been told that I am starting to show a little. My pants are starting to get tight, so to me that means it has got to be changing a little. Maybe the toilet paper measuring does not work (it's a long story that involves my online baby group - we all measure our bellys with toilet paper every Tuesday). My belly has measured the same size since the 7th week. In the scheme of things I guess is has only been 6 weeks. Maybe I will start changing that soon.

We haven't thought about everything we need for the little ones arrival, so I was a little unprepared for someone at work asking me what I would want for a baby shower. I have been told that I need to start coming up with a list of what Kelly and I want. I have been in the "lets make it through the first trimester" mode that I haven't really thought too much about anything else. I guess that now that the first trimester will be over on Monday (14 weeks along YEAH!!!) we better start thinking about what will happen in the next year. Anyways, enough rumblings. I should go and get ready for the day. Liz, Erin and I are supposed to be having a girls afternoon, so I need to go brush my teeth.

I hope everyone is doing OK and I will let you know if anything comes up.

1 comment:

Carmen said...

Hope you enjoyed your afternoon with the girls. And it is good that everything is okay with the baby.