Thursday, February 8, 2007

Our news

Well, most everyone knows by now, but we are expecting our first child at the end of August. We are 11 weeks and 4 days along in the pregnancy.

Today was the first time that we got to hear the heart beat. It was the most amazing thing to hear. I have been waiting for this since we found out before Christmas. The heart beat was fast and strong. Everything seems to be going good.

After some discussion with our midwife, it has been decided that I try this medication called Diclectin. Due to the nausea (which could be a lot worse, I am definitely not complaining), I have not been able to get enough fluids in my body. By taking this safe medication, this should enable me to get more fluids down without feeling sick.

The one not so positive thing that we heard today was that I may possibly be having problems with my kidney. It could be nothing, but the midwife is double checking everything to make sure that we can have the healthiest pregnancy possible. I may be getting an early ultrasound (before April) because of the possibility of kidney stones. They want to do the ultrasound early because when they baby grows bigger the baby sometimes blocks the view that they are looking for. This may change as well as soon as I start getting more fluids in my body. At this point we are not really worried about this. I should know more by the end of the month. Until then, everything is good, and the baby is growing. According to books, the baby is the size of a large lime.

Other than this news, there hasn't been a whole lot of new news. Kelly is still flying lots and he is loving every minute of it. Gracie is doing great. She can't wait until summer as she will get more walks in. Right now it is way too cold to be out for long walks - even with the parka.

Anyways that is all for now. We will be posting more regularly. We haven't until now because all I wanted to write about was the baby, and it was too early to do that. Now that I have heard the heart beat, I figure it is fair game to talk about.

3 comments:

Carmen said...

Congratulations again guys. Hearing the heart beat is a great moment. I still remember the first time I heard both Sara and Hannah's heart beat for the first time. I hope everything is okay with your kidneys, and we will definitely be checking back for news, so don't forget to post.

Kerri said...

WOO HOO COngrats Kara and Kelly... what awesome news :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats you two!! Enjoy this exciting time!
Katy
p.s. Kara you must have had such a hard time not telling two weeks ago when I asked when you were gonna have a baby:) You are good at keeping secrets.