Saturday, May 19, 2007

Kidney Stones

It turns out that I have another kidney stone. We went to the emergency room this morning and the doctor confirmed it. Although smaller (according to Kelly) it is still extremely painful. I broke down after having the pain since 2:30 this morning and finally phoned the midwife. She then phoned the doctor on call, and next thing you know I am in the emergency room getting checked out. I have to say this time it was a lot easier to diagnose (although last time we knew it wasn't confirmed until 3 weeks later).

So, the only thing to do is drink 2-3 litres of fluids and pain management. Due to being pregnant, I didn't get Demerol again, but they have prescribed Morphine, which is safe for the baby - no long term affects. I am going to try and make it with just one tylenol extra strength, but if worse comes to worse I have a back up.

The one good thing about this is that Kelly got to see the baby again. When the doctor did the ultrasound, he checked the baby out after he checked out my kidneys. The baby is doing great, the heart beat is good, and he/she doesn't seem to be affected by the kidney stone (which is good).

The baby had hiccups the other day and that was interesting. At first I didn't know what it was, but after a few hours I really suspected that it was hiccups. After consulting Carmen, it sounds like yep he/she had the hiccups.

I offically put in the date for my maternity leave this week. I can't believe that I now have less than two months left before I finish work. Time has gone fast (at least the last 10 weeks have anyways). My last day of work is the 17th of July (when I will take all of the banked/vacation time that I have and then I will start my maternity leave (should be the first week or so in August).

Well, that is it for now. When something else happens, I will let you know. I hope everyone is doing well.

1 comment:

Carmen said...

Glad everything turned out okay. I'm sure you and Kelly had a pretty scary night. I hope the kidney stone doesn't take too long to pass, and that the pain isn't too bad.