Thursday, July 26, 2007

We are now down south

Well, we have officially moved down south. At the moment, we are living with family until September when we move into our condo that we have rented.

The trip down was good, and I got a picture of the barn with the Canadian Flag - my favorite thing to see while on the trip (I look for it every time). We also stopped at Alexandra Falls to check it out. It was very dirty, however very powerful looking.

We now have our trailer rented so that is one less thing for us to worry about. The moving went great (thanks to Bob, Uncle Bruce, Garton, Adam, Liz, Mom, Dad and Craig) and it is all in storage now (although some is in storage in Edson, but that we can deal with at another time).

Our not so good news is that when we came down south, we did not bring Gracie (our dog) with us. Unfortunately she was not doing so well, so Kelly and I made the decision to have her put down (this way she was no longer in pain). It was really hard to do, and we miss her terribly. It definately made the move not as exciting, but we know it was the right thing to do.

Well, that is it for now, we will post more when we have more to say. Hope all is well for everyone reading.

4 comments:

Dan said...

We're all sending you hugs on losing Gracie...

We're also looking forward to Sept so we can actually see you guys on a more regular basis, and hey, you may even be able to see our new house if you have a south facing window ;)

Kerri said...

I am sorry to hear about you losing Gracie... I can understand that pain all to well right now :(

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about Gracie :( That's a real bummer. The next few weeks are gonna go by FAST! I can't wait to see baby pics once the little one is born.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about Gracie guys. I know you loved her terribly. I am sending many, many hugs.

Hope to see you soon.